OBJECTIVES: Client wanted to reduce recruitment cost by improving internal recruitment process
IDEA: We took a phased in approach over a period of one year:
- We analyzed current cost per hire by examining how this metric was measured, tracked and reported
- We established a baseline for current state of both recruitment process and the cost to the organization
- Streamlined recruitment process
- Introduced new metrics
- Trained internal recruiters
IMPACT: Overtime client achieved reduced cost per hire as well as time to fill vacant positions, due to more efficient and effective recruitment processes
Diversity & Inclusion - Employment Barriers
CLIENT: HR Non-Profit Council
OBJECTIVES: Client wanted to increase number of visible minorities & new immigrants employees in the non-profit sector. This research was designed to better understand the barriers that visible minorities and new immigrants face when seeking employment in the non-profit sector.
- With a team of researchers conducted a literature review of previous research looking at barriers to employment of visible minorities and new immigrants
- Facilitated eight dialogue sessions across Canada with non-profit sector stakeholders
- Interviewed visible minorities and new immigrants who had overcome barriers to employment and were working in non-profit sector
- A final report outlining some of the key systemic barriers to employment of visible minorities and new immigrants in the non-profit sector
- Based on these findings client was able to develop human resources tools to further facilitate the recruitment and retention of visible minorities and new immigrants in the non-profit sector
Diversity & Inclusion - Inclusive Workplaces
CLIENT: BC Labour Market Partnership Project
PROJECT: StepUp BC
OBJECTIVES: Client wanted to create a set of Inclusive Workplaces resources, tools and supports for the BC non-profit sector.
- Conducted a review of best inclusive workplace practices.
- Developed series of practical tools based on a framework with three elements of Adapt, Collaborate, Innovate.
- Interviewed stakeholders to further validate best practices & tools.
- Developed implementation supports & an evaluation strategy for intended impact.
IMPACT: The inclusive workplace materials were uploaded to the client’s website.